If you are considering changing the look of your bathroom, this need not be an expensive undertaking. There are plenty ways that you can do that will instantly upgrade the design of your bathroom without breaking the bank.
You might be surprised at what simple bathroom renovations can do to the overall look of your existing bathroom. Check out a few tips below for instant bathroom fixes.
Affordable Bathroom Renovations
1. Decide on a theme. You can stick with your old theme and upgrade the décor or you can also go with a totally new look, either way; you can do these without spending more than you can afford.
2. Chipped or broken tiles. If you have these in the bathroom, don’t go changing the entire flooring. Since using the same tile color will result in the new ones being brighter or shinier, you may want to go with a different color this time.
You can put the new tiles in alternate spaces, mixing and matching with your old ones. This way, you didn’t only replace your broken tiles, but you gave your bathroom flooring a completely new look at less than half the cost you would have spent on changing the entire flooring.
3. Repaint. You can give your bathroom walls a new coat of paint and instantly make it look brand new. Choose basic colors in neutral shades to allow you more options on accents.
4. Accentuate. This is the fun part. Get accents such as scented candles, shaped mini soaps in different colors placed in a clear jar and put in a new set of hand towels on your towel rack.
You can also install a new hand towel rack by the sink.
5. Varnishing and painting old cabinets. You don’t have to get a new bathroom closet. You can simply apply a new coat of paint or varnish to make it look brand new.
6. Decals. Remember your neutral-colored wall? You can use decals to add to the new look of your bathroom. There are plenty of wall decals that you can choose from, enabling you to find the right design to enhance your bathroom décor.
7. Tub and shower liners. Last but not the least, put in new liners on your bathtub and shower to give these a new look as well.
There are many other cheap renovations that you can do on your bathroom. If you want to put in more bathroom furniture, you can always go to auction sites or stores that sell secondhand items. You might be surprised to find that a good number of items in these places have actually never been used by the previous owner.