The kitchen is considered as the heart of every home and this being such, it is important that you make this part of the house as welcoming and appealing as possible.
If you’re thinking about sprucing up your kitchen to also make it livelier, you can do your own kitchen renovation which will cost less and you can even turn it into a family project to get everyone involved.
1. One of the first things to consider when taking on your kitchen renovation project is your work area. It should be spacious enough to accommodate all the basic things that you will be needing when cooking up your specialties.
It should also be designed in a way that will enable you to move freely and with ease around the kitchen particularly when you need to get things from the cupboard or the fridge, go to the sink or use your kitchen appliances.
You don’t want to be too far off from these areas since it will tire you out easily when you’re cooking.
2. The next thing to consider is your color scheme in the kitchen. Since you want to create a lively atmosphere around the kitchen, you should do away with a monochromatic color scheme since this will instantly turn your kitchen into a drab and dull room.
Using neutral colors as your base color is ideal but you should accentuate this with other colors as well. Neutral colors like taupe, cream or tan are okay for base colors.
You may use your base colors on the walls, kitchen cabinets and cupboards.
Yellow accents can make the room look livelier and jollier. These will also inspire the mood in the kitchen when people walk in.
3. Next on the list are your cabinets and cupboards. You can apply a new coat of paint or varnish on these to make them look new again. You may also want to put in a corner kitchen cabinet if you don’t have one, yet.
This will provide additional storage space while at the same time, turn your dull empty space into a functional area in the kitchen.
4. To complement your new color scheme, you may also want to install new flooring in the kitchen. Vinyl is a good flooring material. There are many varieties that you can choose from and these are very easy to install and replace.
5. Finally, organize your kitchen cabinets and cupboards. Place items within easy reach of your work area so you can easily reach for these while you cook.