It sounds like a cliché but fixing a broken heart is perhaps one of the hardest things that anyone ever has to face. Broken hearts can make one do a lot of crazy things and sometimes, this can lead to more serious after-effects such as depression or worse, taking one’s life.
But broken hearts do heal and for some it may take longer but you will eventually get there.
How to Fix a Broken Heart
1. Let it go. This is the hardest part in fixing a broken heart. Sometimes, you want to wallow in the sadness and misery, reliving memories alternating from joyful to painful memories.
This will do you no good. In time, you will remember without hurting but for now, make a conscious effort to put the memories in the backburner for awhile.
2. Shudda, wudda, cudda. Berating yourself for how you handled the relationship and contributed to its demise is the fastest way to get you all the more depressed and hurt.
There is nothing that you should have done, would have done or could have done that could’ve stopped the relationship from dying. You may delay it for awhile but if it’s bound to happen, it will happen.
Believe that if it was meant to be, your partner will still be around nurturing the relationship with you.
3. Someone better will come along. When relationships fail, a lot of people think that no one can ever replace the partner they just said goodbye to. Truth be told, someone better will come along.
4. Learn the lesson. Whether you are ready to admit it at this point or not, the relationship that ended taught you a lot of things: about yourself, about relationships and about your partner.
Take the lessons and use them as your yardstick for the next relationship. This time, you know better and you know what type of person you truly want to be with.
5. Focus on yourself. Now that you have more free time on your own, take this opportunity to focus on doing the things that you want to do. You can enroll in classes that you are interested in, pick up a new hobby, write that book you’ve been putting off for so long, travel or simply take that much-needed break to regroup and work on your inner self.
A broken heart does not mean the end of the world. If anything, it means the beginning of a whole new world for you. You simply have to look at the positive side of things and forego dwelling on the past.