It is quite easy to fill in the garage with clutter. It is often a disregarded space where misplaced items are delegated, leaving very little room for what it is actually created for.
But wait, organizing your garage is not an impossible task. There are ways you can arrange it to look more of an organized space than a miscellaneous chaos. Here are do-it-yourself garage organization ideas you can do:
* If your garage is already chaotic and cluttered, the first thing you need to do is to clean up the space. Remove all the items in there one by one. Figure out which of those things belong there and which do not.
* Clean your garage thoroughly. While it is empty is the best time to scrub the dirt, sweep the floor clean, and wipe out the dust that have piled up. If you have the budget, the time, and the need for it paint the garage anew. That will make it look crisp.
* Gather around the items that should rightfully be at the garage and pile them up neatly. Use storage solutions to keep them without serving as mere clutter to your space. You may use the walls to mount anything that you could possibly mount including rakes and hoses and brooms.
* Make space for everything – the tools, the car, the workbench. An organized space is where everything is in place. That should be your guide and your goal.
* If you have the space for it, construct a shelf for all your tools. Make sure though to keep safety in mind. You would not want anyone to suffer injury from a fallen tool. You may use storage cabinets and freestanding shelves may be helpful but consider the amount of space the will eat up.
* To improve the efficiency and function of your garage, you can put up workbenches. That will also make a statement that the garage has its own function and none of those is for keeping garbage.
Organizing the garage is not at all a difficult task. You just have to remember what the space is actually for and that does not include keeping a piling junk. You need to be patient, however, because you will need an enormous amount of time and effort to put everything in their right places, especially if the garage is already cluttered. In the end, all your efforts will be well worth it. There will be no risk of tripping on things scattered on the floor or searching in vain for items that should have been easy to find.