Next to your bedroom, the bathroom is considered as a private sanctuary at home. It’s the one place you know you will not be disturbed – at least for a couple of minutes.
It’s also the one place where on would often relax, soaking in the tub while reading a book or listening to good music. This being said, it is important that your bathroom interiors have that relaxing and inviting appeal.
DIY Bathroom Renovations can greatly improve the interiors of your bathroom and it won’t even have to cost you more than what you can afford.
1. Plan your new bathroom look. It’s always a good idea to first have a clear picture in mind as to how you want your bathroom to look so you will know which areas you need to work on.
You can get ideas on the internet as there are quite a few pictures of bathroom designs that you may want to use for your own bathroom.
2. Don’t move permanent fixtures. If you can help it, do not move your toilet, bathtub, shower or sink to another corner in the bathroom. There’s more to moving around these permanent fixtures than finding a good spot. You will need to consider your plumbing, which you may have to move as well.
3. Improve your bathroom lighting. Putting in the right lighting fixtures will enhance the ambience of your bathroom. Dimmer lights are perfect for relaxing in the tub while fuller and brighter lights are ideal for showers and also using the bathroom mirror for shaving or applying make-up.
4. Replace your old mirror. One of the first things that catches anyone’s attention once they have entered the bathroom is the mirror. You can get a new mirror that will match the new look of your bathroom.
5. Tiling. If you have a few broken tiles, replace these with new ones. This will not only improve the look of your bathroom flooring but it will also be safer to use since broken tiles can result in cuts on your feet.
You may also want to tile your sink countertop. This will give your countertop a new look without having to replace the entire sink.
6. Add a new cabinet or shelf. One of the best things that you can do to improve your bathroom interiors is to keep everything organized.
Putting in a new shelf or cabinet for your bathroom essentials such as linens and bathing necessities will make your bathroom look cleaner and well-kept.